Regular Dental Care
Claim your FREE initial examination.
What does your regular dental examination include?
A comprehensive dental examination will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-ups, your dentist will include the following:
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Extensive check of all you restorations.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Taking and examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss and presence of gum disease. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Intra-Oral Photographs: if required your dentist will take pictures of your teeth to help in explaining you treatment and monitoring any area of concern.
- Summary and Treatment Plan: your dentist will explain the findings from your examination and discuss your treatment plan with you.
A check up at Dental at MediaCityUK is more than just a quick look in your mouth!
What does your regular dental hygiene treatment include?
Your dentist will clean your teeth thoroughly to remove the scale. You’ll also be shown how to remove plaque successfully yourself, cleaning all surfaces of your teeth thoroughly and effectively. This may take a number of sessions with the dentist or hygienist.
Dental hygiene treatment is delivered by a dental Hygienist or dentist who will help to remove any plaque from your teeth that may have built up in certain areas. Your teeth will be professionally cleaned with special equipment and pastes, this process is also known as scaling and polishing. An important aspect of the Hygienist’s role is to show you how to look after your teeth so they remain free from plaque. You will be advised on the best brushing technique and given tips on flossing and using inter-dental brushes.
Dental hygiene at the dental Practice also forms part of treating gum disease and bad breath. If you have a bridge, denture, orthodontic treatment or a dental implant you will have specific hygiene needs that the hygienist will be able to assist you with.
It is highly recommended that you attend regular hygiene appointments to ensure your mouth stays clean and healthy.